lunedì 26 gennaio 2009

The figurehead

Sharp and open / Leave me alone /And sleeping less every night / As the days become heavier and weighted / Waiting / In the cold light / A noise / A scream tears my clothes as the figurines tighten / With spiders inside them /And dust on the lips of a vision of hell / I laughed in the mirror for the first time in a year
A hundred other words blind me with your purity / Like an old painted doll in the throes of dance / I think about tomorrow / Please let me sleep / As I slip down the window / freshly squashed fly / You mean nothing / You mean nothing
I can lose myself in Chinese art and American girls / All the time / Lose me in the dark / Please do it right / Run into the night / I will lose myself tomorrow / Crimson pain / My heart explodes /My memory in a fire
And someone will listen / At least for a short while
I can never say no to anyone but you
Too many secrets / Too many lies / Writhing with hatred / Too many secrets / Please make it good tonight / But the same image haunts me / In sequence / In despair of time
I will never be clean again / I touched her eyes / Pressed my stained face / I will never be clean again / Touch her eyes / Press my stained face / I will never be clean again / I will never be clean again / I will never be clean again / I will never be clean again. The Cure, 1982.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts with Thumbnails